Music Banter - View Single Post - how much time did you spend outside today?
View Single Post
Old 07-18-2017, 05:04 PM   #36 (permalink)
MicShazam
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiomara View Post
Cemetery walks are always nice. Do you ever look for tombstones with interesting names or anything like that?

I've spent maybe 5 seconds outside today because I couldn't find my sunscreen.
I do look at the inscriptions sometimes. It's interesting to see very old graves with names that aren't used much anymore, or ways of writing things that aren't used anymore. Very old graves for big shot merchants and other business owners tend to have some fancy writing and give an impression that someone very important died. These days, I think you have to be a mayor or something to get a grave like that!

What I really look for is more interestingly shaped gravestones, old statues and complex textures that I can photograph up close and use in Photoshop later (moss covered marble, cracked stones, rusty old patterned metal fences, etc.) There's also a lot of really beautiful, big trees of many different kinds in this cemetery. I have photos of them from all seasons. It can look extremely interesting during fall season especially.

No need for sunscreen in Denmark right now. The last few days have been a bit chilly, even. Danish summer often sucks.
MicShazam is offline   Reply With Quote