Music Banter - View Single Post - They Don't Make Music Like They Used to (They Make it Better)
View Single Post
Old 07-18-2017, 08:35 PM   #6 (permalink)
Mondo Bungle
Prepare 4 the Fight Scene

Castevet

Die hard black metal traditionalists are pretty much punk asses and variation in music hella rules. Castevet's debut full length Mounds of Ash, in my opinion, is one of the best examples of black metal in a modern way. See, it doesn't stray too far from tradition, but at the same time it's nowhere near the norm. It's a showcase of amazing songwriting ripe with technicality and melody, and mixes in some esoteric post-hardcore elements (it's esoteric cuz what even is post hardcore know what I'm saying). It's really a big step in a new direction for the modern era of extreme music.

Full album:*https://profoundlorerecords.bandcamp.../mounds-of-ash

Iceage

Probably the leader of the pack in terms of them edgy punk kids from Denmark. After three albums they've displayed a lot of musical growth, but they always had their own thing going on I think. Their first album was a raw and hard hitting, noise rocky slab of post punk with dissonance and unhinged composition to say **** you to gay melodies.

My fav cut, super catchy chorus and an awesome Gang of Fourish freakout riff

On their sophomore they started to incorporate some gay melodies. But overall it's not unlike the first, perhaps moodier in spots.

Their third album though, showed an incredible spike in creativity and maturity. All of a sudden we're treated to a Nick Cave style romp of post punk teeming with many different elements like folk and blues, and a plethora of unique instruments. It was easily my favorite if the year, and the century, and god damn it of all time. I love it so much. It's packed full of memorable moments and is just all around romantic fantastic. I saw them on tour for it then fell in love with their singer.

Frustrating that YouTube doesn't have any full album

*epic guitar solo blasts into my face*

DAMN IT MONDO
Mondo Bungle is offline   Reply With Quote