Music Banter - View Single Post - The Album Club: "Casanova" by the Divine Comedy
View Single Post
Old 07-19-2017, 01:52 PM   #6 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Quote:
Originally Posted by MicShazam View Post
Didn't know it was your pick! I have to go with my first reaction and damn, I wanted to like it, but it just really started grating on me as it went along.
That's ok: at least you listened to it. It would be a dull club indeed if we all liked every album selected. Hannon uses that kind of affectation a lot; I guess it's something you either like or don't like. You should still check out his previous two albums, Liberation and Promenade, which you might enjoy more. Also A Short Album About Love, though it does follow the same kind of pattern as Casanova...
Quote:
If it's any consolation, I'm finding much more to like in your music journals.
Thanks. Glad you're enjoying them.
Quote:
It annoys me that I lost the link to a specific one that the Batlord referred med to a while ago. It had reviews of AOR and other very 80's sounding rock/glam. I was going through it page by page, but now I can't find it again and as it turns out... you have like a million+ journals!
yeah, I used to carry a link to all my journals in my sig, but then I stopped doing them completely so took the link out. The index also has not been updated in a while, but if you need it here it is
http://www.musicbanter.com/members-j...something.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post

And can we please shoot our search function in the head? I'm sick of it telling me that it excludes short words (LIKE ****ING "AOR"!) from any search. What even the **** is the point?
Very much agreed. It doesn't even matter if you put them in quotes, as far as I remember. Stupid system, however don't expect anyone who can do anything to listen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MicShazam View Post
No, but I'm going to find it useful anyways.

It turns out it was this one:

http://www.musicbanter.com/members-j...reviews-2.html

There's more than AOR in there, but I just remembered some of the 80's cheese cover art. I had to go through the journal index, manually searching on Trollheart's name until something rang a bell.
Ah yes: one of my favourites. You should have just PM'd me. If you're looking for something in future that I wrote and you can't find it, let me know.