Music Banter - View Single Post - All music sucks
Thread: All music sucks
View Single Post
Old 07-19-2017, 04:02 PM   #45 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylstew View Post
I've only read 2 manga (parasyte and Homunculus). Really digged the format, actually. I should probably read some.Have a walking dead comic lying around, my only one, but I keep forgetting to read it

I usually just tend to watch whatever is thrown at me in movies but I recently discovered I'm kindof into psychological thrillers? It's a new thing to explore, that's for sure. Evangelion and fight clubs elements of it piqued my interest into watching a full on psychological movie.

Most shows I watch are just comedic animations like rick and morty, archer, southpark, boondocks, etc. Not too into tv. Seen a few anime too. Rick and morty and evangelion are my all time favourite shows.
Well if you need comic suggestions then I'm one of several possible men here to satisfy you. I don't know if I'd start with The Walking Dead tbh. As far as I can tell the show improved on the comic, which had a lot of mediocre character drama. I get the feeling it got popular not so much because of its quality than because it was a different kind of zombie thing that came around at the right time.

But first and foremost you need Alan Moore in your life. Watchmen, Swamp Thing, and Miracleman would be my top suggestions, but V for Vendetta and League of Extraordinary Gentlemen are highly praised (for no good reason I still have yet to read them myself). You don't get much more brilliant than Alan Moore.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote