Music Banter - View Single Post - All music sucks
Thread: All music sucks
View Single Post
Old 07-19-2017, 04:48 PM   #48 (permalink)
Dylstew
Music Addict

I want to go off topic for a sec and say that before this meltdown of being burnt out by music, I had already fallen in love with Sparta - Wiretap Scars. I just.. don't get it but.. For some reason this album makes me feel so nice and peaceful. It makes me feel emotional. It kind of makes me want to tear up sometimes in a positive way. It's just so pleasant, and the songs are catchy and memorable to me unlike many others.

I don't know why, but no album has made me feel this way purely on music, not lyrics. On RYM, it doesn't seem to be seen as something too special. It doesn't stand out much to people. Yet somehow it moves me. Some there compare it with emo but I think it sounds different and stuff like mineral and sunny day don't make me feel this. It has a sound that theoretically I shouldn't like this much. From past opinions, I should find a lot of this boring, too formulaic, and I should find it a bit too commercial sounding and poppy, though I'd always love those raw sounding shouts. Yet I'm in love with most of it. I don't get it. Hell, there's albums I've also been falling in love with such as those of bears vs shark I think are better as albums and I have more "fun" with, but this album somehow touches me. (Tho, there's a few bear vs shark songs that do this too for me unlike most other artists). My rationality says it's not that special, yet my emotions feel things a lot of music made for feeling this kind of stuff doesn't do for me.
Dylstew is offline   Reply With Quote