Music Banter - View Single Post - Islam Cartoons
Thread: Islam Cartoons
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2006, 02:51 AM   #15 (permalink)
DontRunMeOver
They call me Tundra Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jibber
I love how all the fanatical muslims constantly spew out the words "Islam means "love", it's not a violent religion at all" whenever something like this happens. Sure you're not violent and intolerant, you just believe that women are a man's property, that she shouldn't be able to go anywhere without her father/brother/husband's permission, that she must cover every area of her body entirely (even in 50 degree celcius heat), that she can be beaten at will by any male relative for any reason, legally, and that all "infidels" must be slaughtered in a holy jihad all in the name of that "loving" religion you call Islam. Yeah, REAL loving.....
Calm down, calm down! Those people are right in a certain way. If you read the Qu'ran (which I haven't done, admittedly) then I think there's very little in there that suggest people should commit violent acts against women or against one's enemies. As this book is the basis of Islam then I think they're right to say that, at its core, Islam is a peaceful religion.

The problem is that religious figureheads tend to interpret the writings of holy books to suit their own goals and opinions, which are sometimes violent, while claiming that their religion tells them to do it. This then gives a bad impression of everybody else who's associated with that religion, most of whom have no violent tendencies at all.
DontRunMeOver is offline   Reply With Quote