Music Banter - View Single Post - Is anyone else unable to pinpoint what makes them like certain music but not others?
View Single Post
Old 07-20-2017, 05:18 PM   #23 (permalink)
Chiomara
mayor of spookytown

Quote:
Originally Posted by MicShazam View Post
I could totally get into this! Sometimes, it sounds uncannily like circa Construction Time Again era Depeche Mode, even though it's from 1998 according to Allmusic. Definitely going to return to this a bunch more times and see how much I get into it.

I've been a fan of Depeche Mode since Ultra, which was the first album I got from them and the first time I even heard any of their songs. I have basically all their albums now and I like most of them. The two first albums aren't great and I'm not a big fan of Sounds of the Universe either, but most of their albums have plenty of solid songs. Despite a couple silly sounding tracks, my favorite remains Some Great Reward.
Yes, definitely; it's oddly charming.

Ultra was probably the first album of theirs that I became truly obsessed with, although Black Celebration was my first favorite. I don't listen to their newer albums much, honestly; I tend to just play Black Celebration, Violator, Ultra and Songs of Faith & Devotion on repeat. I'm fond of Some Great Reward too, though. "Blasphemous Rumors" was on allll of my angsty mix cds as a teenager.