Music Banter - View Single Post - Is anyone else unable to pinpoint what makes them like certain music but not others?
View Single Post
Old 07-21-2017, 01:04 AM   #27 (permalink)
MicShazam
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiomara View Post
Yes, definitely; it's oddly charming.

Ultra was probably the first album of theirs that I became truly obsessed with, although Black Celebration was my first favorite. I don't listen to their newer albums much, honestly; I tend to just play Black Celebration, Violator, Ultra and Songs of Faith & Devotion on repeat. I'm fond of Some Great Reward too, though. "Blasphemous Rumors" was on allll of my angsty mix cds as a teenager.
While I like their newer material quite a bit, I think the last truly excellent album was Exciter. The newest one, Spirit, also really grew on me after a while, but they will definetely never recapture that vibe they used to have in the early 90's and the 80's.

I like Black Celebration a lot too. "Stripped" and "Here is the House" are two of my favorite DM songs. "Blasphemous Rumors" too! It's quite overdramatic, but I love those synth lines. There's just an atmosphere to that track that will always amaze me.
MicShazam is offline   Reply With Quote