Music Banter - View Single Post - 3 Questions About Music
View Single Post
Old 07-21-2017, 09:00 AM   #5 (permalink)
Janszoon
Mate, Spawn & Die

(1) Is there an artist whose music you appreciate that you are convinced not a single person on MB has ever heard about?
Probably someone like Elis Regina, since in all the time I've been on MB one thing that's been consistent is that people pay almost no attention at all to music from South or Central America.

(2) Are there any songs that nearly move you to tears every time you hear them?
Sure. Believe it or not, the song "When I Grow Up" from the cast recording of the musical Matilda chokes me up every single time I hear it for some reason.

(3) What are some songs where you feel like the singer(s) pulls off an exceptionally amazing performance? Subjectively speaking, not necessarily in terms of technique or range, although it can also be for that exact reason.
"Papaoutai" by Stromae. His vocals in this song hit me on an emotional level that is truly gut wrenching. The fact that I don't understand French yet am still affected this way tells me it's just something pure and emotionally raw in his delivery that does it.

(4) What are some songs where you feel like the singer(s) pulls off an exceptionally BORING performance? Subjectively speaking, not necessarily in terms of technique or range, although it can also be for that exact reason.
"Tuff Enuff" by The Fabulous Thunderbirds. This song is pure blooz rock cheese through and through but the singer's boring ass, trying-too-hard-to-sound-tuff vocals really push it over the top in worst song ever territory.

Janszoon is offline   Reply With Quote