Music Banter - View Single Post - The Album Club: "Casanova" by the Divine Comedy
View Single Post
Old 07-21-2017, 11:39 AM   #24 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
Starts off with some solid drumming that makes me think I might not hate the album. Song progresses and outs itself as pretty straightforward pop stuff. Second song sounds like Mike Patton being ironically schmaltzy as he fronts cake. The song also perpetuates rape culture. Third song is straight gouda. Fourth song has me wondering how people can sit down and pop this album in. It'd make sense to listen to if it came on the radio, but to listen to it on your own volition? That mindset towards music reflects a dark corner of humanity.

He weirdly reminds me of Carl-Michael Eide, but if he had decided to do some bland crap. Charge starts with 15 seconds of silence so SKIP! That's not music. Songs of Love tells me that this guy is boring as **** in bed. I skipped Frog Princess because starting a song with "I met a girl" gets you nowhere with me. I can't wait for this **** to end. Through a Long Sleepless Night is a little more heavy than the rest of this featherfooted record. God his falsetto is awful. **** this album I'm done.

This is very tepid and safe music. I can see why TH would be into that, but it's not for me. 1/10

Should I add a poll?
I guess you can add a poll, but I wouldn't accept just voting for an album as being necessarily contribution, vis a vis keeping your own album in the list. I'd still want some sort of comment on it if not an actual review. I suppose it would show at a glance how an album went down with the majority.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MicShazam View Post
Ouch! I really thought my negative reaction would be in the minority. If there's any people sitting on a more positive take, maybe now would be a good time to chime in before Trollheart jumps off a bridge
The Kickstarter address is....

I'm not surprised you all hate this album, but you know, **** you all. I hate you anyway so who cares?