Music Banter - View Single Post - The Album Club: "Casanova" by the Divine Comedy
View Single Post
Old 07-21-2017, 12:35 PM   #29 (permalink)
MicShazam
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
Oh, I should point out that in general people here seem to hate my music taste anyway, so I don't expect any other reaction than the one I'm getting, and I don't give a single ****, never mind two. It's cool to **** on my taste so if it keeps them happy what do I care? Doesn't change my mind a single iota and it won't stop me listening to the music they all hate. Ant has been the kindest so far, and I reckon will end up remaining the only one who even gave this album any kind of decent rating, but hey, you know, Hi I'm Trollheart.
I have a feeling there's going to be many records in the album club over time that don't exactly go over well with the majority in here. At least you had the balls to choose something that doesn't attempt to pander. I feel like my own pick, while a really good album, isn't exactly the most honest expression of what my tastes are really like. If I didn't try to be so diplomatic, I'd have chosen something far more likely to go down in flames.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anteater View Post
It isn't a bad record really.
I wouldn't say so either. I just really don't like it personally. If I had to judge it more at an impersonal distance, I'd say it's clearly competent, creative and has a vision of it's own. It's just that the way it achieves all that grates on me
MicShazam is offline   Reply With Quote