Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Day
Thread: Your Day
View Single Post
Old 07-22-2017, 10:15 AM   #45301 (permalink)
Janszoon
Mate, Spawn & Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
Not my day, but Sherri's. She and my new son-in-law get to the airport to start an 18 day honeymoon in Greece. Everything's been booked for months. They go to check in and are denied access to the plane.

Come to find out that travel to Greece requires that your passport be valid for at least 6 months. Sherri's expires in 3. WHAM!

She needs to try and get an expedited renewal and then they hope to leave next Wednesday. All in all this is going to cost them both about an extra $5 grand. Ouch.
That exact thing happened to me traveling to Spain back in March. It sucks.

I ended up booking a ticket for the next day and showing up at my regional passport office before they opened with my boarding pass in hand. By giving them proof that I need a passport same day, they were able to get it for me in about an hour and a half and it only cost, I think, $160. I checked and there's one of those offices in San Diego. If she wants to try that route, I'd say she just needs to make sure she has absolutely everything she needs before going. She should be able to find the info online, but err on the side of caution as far as bringing a variety of IDs and forms of payment. She definitely will need to bring the old passport, new photos, and the application form, which is on the website.
Janszoon is offline   Reply With Quote