Music Banter - View Single Post - In Case You Forgot About Fun: 100 Pop Albums You Should Probably DL
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2017, 11:45 AM   #36 (permalink)
Goofle
the worst guy

Ke$ha - Animal (2010)

Tracklist:

Your Love Is My Drug
TiK ToK
Take It Off
Kiss n Tell
Stephen
Blah Blah Blah
Hungover
Party at a Rich Dude's House
Backstabber
Blind
Dinosaur
Dancing With Tears in My Eyes
Boots & Boys
Animal

Spoiler for Choice Cuts:

Summary

The interesting thing about Ke$ha is that I can't even remember what specifically made me start listening to her music, probably because I spent a lot of my time wasted in plug.dj sessions. The easy answer would be "Probably because The Batlord posted her music all over the forum", and the scrobble dates could back that up (mid 2015). But it's also entirely possible that she was one of the artists caught up in my trashy dance-pop phase that I have discussed on here before, and that The Batlord came to the same realisation of her greatness at roughly the same time independent of each other. That nonsense aside, let's talk about the album...

If I told you that "Maybe I need some rehab" is the first line, would you be at all surprised? The Ke$ha aesthetic solidified from the get go. As it turns out, she's actually talking about a dude as opposed to, say, heroin. This is an example of the kind of conceptual genius we would come to expect from her. TiK ToK happens next. I'll end there.

Bip Score:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
[youtube]NUmCWGPgU7g[/url]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
[youtube]=LtYg1xz1A00[/youbube]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindfulness View Post
2. What was the strangest/best/worst party you ever went to?
Prolly a party I had with some people I know
Goofle is offline   Reply With Quote