Music Banter - View Single Post - They Don't Make Music Like They Used to (They Make it Better)
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2017, 08:07 PM   #10 (permalink)
Mondo Bungle
Prepare 4 the Fight Scene

P.H.O.B.O.S.

This band should be more recognized, because they'd easily earn a spot as one of the heaviest bands just ever. They do industrial doom that makes Godflesh sound like Enya. The most pummeling and destructive listening experience you might ever come across lies here within their master work*

Nadja

One of drone metal's most prolific acts, they oughtta be seen as important figures if not just for their immense discography. But within that discography you can find a plethora of fantastic releases and collabs, and they generally remain consistent and solid. They play that huge sort of shoegaze/drone metal, with walls of sound to rival China. Lengthy tracks comprised of serious textural overkill, dense, warm, pleasant, loud.*

Julia Holter

Dream pop should have more dream. Julia Holter makes lush and ethereal music that can be hypnotic, psychedelic, avant-garde, and beautiful at any given moment. There's subtle forays into drone and other experimental music but remains accessible for anyone. I think of her as a true visionary, with music to wrap you up and blow you away.

Jute Gyte

Another modern visionary but perhaps a bit polarizing in his way. He crafts avant garde black metal that is loud and brutally noisy. He composes microtonal music that is completely unlike anything else and absurdly complicated, but the huge emphasis on dissonance might turn people off. Guitars churn indeterminately with long-ish patterns and challenging riffs. You might think he either can't play guitar fir **** or is a complete guitar genius, I don't think there's an in between. In addition to metal, he also puts out noise and electronic music that is similarly structured and composed. Whether you like the music or not there's no denying his innovation and importance to the metal of today.

Here is his massive discography, all name your price*https://jutegyte.bandcamp.com/

*epic guitar solo blasts into my face*

DAMN IT MONDO
Mondo Bungle is offline   Reply With Quote