Music Banter - View Single Post - The Album Club: "Casanova" by the Divine Comedy
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2017, 08:49 PM   #46 (permalink)
TechnicLePanther
and the livin' is easy...

The Divine Comedy - Casanova

I think there's a great songwriting talent behind this album, and there are even some great performances. However, the production of this album and the arrangements are mostly just completely atrocious. I think this album is probably a genuine effort and not an attempt to generate a lot of cash, mainly due to the fact that this type of music wouldn't even be popular when this album came out, but sadly the production is such that the whole album is glossed over with this lame feel that makes the whole album seem contrived.

You also just have to be into the style of music as well. Personally, I enjoy this album just fine. The glossy production isn't such a big deal for me, and plenty of the hooks are
Catchy As Hell™. In fact, the production is a bit of a novelty if you're coming at it from the right angle. I think there's enough good about this album to make up for many of the flaws.

7/10

In my list of favorite to least albums of all time:

Teenage Jesus and the Jerks - Everything
The Divine Comedy - Casanova
Aerosmith - Toys in the Attic

SUGGEST ME AN ALBUM - I'm probably not going to listen to it but I will if you bother me enough.
TechnicLePanther is offline   Reply With Quote