Music Banter - View Single Post - 3 Questions About Music
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2017, 04:12 PM   #19 (permalink)
MicShazam
Account Disabled

Plus it's hard to explain what it is the song has that I connect with. There's just something subtly appealing to me about her voice and the melodies. It strikes a chord with me, but I can't really describe it well - especially when it's this really subtle shade to it that makes all the difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylstew View Post
Unrelated to your post specifically, but Expectation has a lot to do with reactions too. If you scream something is the best thing ever, it better have something cool about it that sticks out right away that also at that moment happens to appeal to them already, or else thee other person's gonna be like "what? What's so special about this?" And like it less than they otherwise would, as otherwise they may think "Hey, this is okay" and let it grow on them.
I think I tend to overcompensate for that to the point where I undersell things to people. I could tell a friend to see a movie because it's "pretty good. Got some good acting. Not the best from the director, but uhh.. I liked it fairly much" - while it's a movie that I actually really, really loved
MicShazam is offline   Reply With Quote