Music Banter - View Single Post - Hate Work Thread
View Single Post
Old 07-27-2017, 02:55 PM   #161 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
I once helped out in the office by answering the phone when everyone had disappeared for lunch and had what I perceived to be a pleasant conversation with a client answering their various queries. Later that afternoon the boss called me into his office and told me NEVER to answer the phone again. Apparently the client called back just to bitch about me and he assured the client he wouldn't have to deal with me again.
What a ****. I had the opposite experience once. Client called in on a Saturday, I happened to be there. He needed something cleared through Customs (my job) and delivered, but he had made no arrangements, last minute order sort of thing. I sorted it all out, took about three hours. Boss called me into his office Monday morning, thought I was going to get a bollicking; he told me that Mister X from Company Y was the MD of that company and he had personally rung my boss that morning to say thank you, and praise me for being such a diligent and helpful employee, who went above and beyond on the weekend to help out an important client.
Don't you just hate me?
Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor View Post
Tfw when your manager is like "oh btw see you at 8am tomorrow"

Mother****er
I'd be like, you coming to breakfast? You know where my house is?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plankton View Post
Apparently, me going on vacation for a week is grounds for people here at work to pile all kinds of crap on my to-do list before I go. It is humanly impossible for me to get all this **** done by 3pm tomorrow, you dickheads. ******* salesmen shouldn't make promises to clients based on fallacy, and they have no idea of the domino effect these last minute "little" & "easy" changes will impose.

Not my problem.

Sayonara motherfuquers
Have a great holiday, man!