Music Banter - View Single Post - What are you listening to --- Prog/Psych Version
View Single Post
Old 07-27-2017, 05:57 PM   #99 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
TH, you're clearly defending it because you're defending your taste given that you enjoy quite a bit of tepid, new agey neoprog. That's why I brought up your taste.
You are, again, wrong. I'm not in any way defending anything. I already made it clear, over the years we've been sparring, that I accept that you, and others, don't like my music taste, and that's fine. I'm not trying to defend my music. I'm pointing out that you are wrong when you describe it as new age, because it is not. That's all.
Quote:

Another example of what I'm talking about is most anything Devin Townsend.
Another example of you being wrong. Admittedly, I have not heard too much Townsend, but while what I have heard has been typically overproduced to death, it couldn't remotely be called new age, nor muzak. Basically, can you imagine it playing in lifts/elevators? If not then it ain't new age, or what I take new age to be, given the definition already cited and what I have personally heard of new age music (Stephen Cadell, Eddie Jobson (that name may be wrong, it's a long time since I heard the one song, "Endless Dream" but it was Eddie something), Solar Fields, Andrew Miles, Gandalf, even Vangelis maybe, perhaps JMJ...)