Music Banter - View Single Post - Famous Last Words....
View Single Post
Old 07-28-2017, 05:24 AM   #83 (permalink)
Lisnaholic
...here to hear...

Bumping because I thought someone might be interested in these actual last words that I found recently:
Quote:
+ Blues singer Bessie Smith died saying, “I’m going, but I’m going in the name of the Lord.”
+ Frank Sinatra died after saying, “I’m losing it.”
+ Composer Gustav Mahler died in bed, conducting an imaginary orchestra. His last word was, “Mozart!”
+ Drummer Buddy Rich died after surgery in 1987. As he was being prepped with medicine for surgery, a nurse asked him, “Is there anything you can’t take?” Rich replied, “Yeah, country music.”
+ Johnny Ace, an R&B singer, died in 1954 while playing with a pistol during a break in his concert set. His last words were, “I’ll show you that it won’t shoot.”
+ Blues guitarist Leadbelly said, “Doctor, if I put this here guitar down now, I ain’t never gonna wake up.” And he was right.
+ Bo Diddley died giving a thumbs-up as he listened to the song “Walk Around Heaven.” His last word was “Wow.”
Can't say the song Bo Diddley was listening to wasn't apt:-

__________________________________________________ _______

Not a musician, but on the same webpage was this rather chilling entry:-
Quote:
+ Surgeon Joseph Henry Green was checking his own pulse as he lay dying. His last word: “Stopped.”