Music Banter - View Single Post - Dreams
Thread: Dreams
View Single Post
Old 07-30-2017, 09:23 AM   #1000 (permalink)
Chiomara
mayor of spookytown

Dreamed I was sitting in an overgrown yard with two women. There was a storm coming, and it was swirling green and purple in the distance (but it was night, so you couldn't see it well through all the smog and dark). There was a giant brownish-black wolf in the yard; one of the women wanted to bring him inside and adopt him, so I of course launched into a lecture about how you shouldn't just keep wild wolves as pets, especially not in a tiny suburban house. "THE SUBURBS CANNOT PROVIDE ENOUGH ENRICHMENT FOR A WOLF!!!" etc etc. I had to scream because the wind was growing louder. I also knew that this was not an ordinary wolf; it was like the other black dogs in my other dreams which took various forms. Me and the other women finally rushed inside. Time was moving backward; it was late afternoon, or only early evening now but the storm persisted. Again they tried to let the wolf in the house but I didn't let them. I kept thinking of all the truck driver lore and other stories claiming that black dogs were a sure omen of death. I did want to die, I thought, but not then and there by a dog in a dream who had the same exact eyes as my dead dog, Jack; I wanted to at least watch the storm through the window first.