Music Banter - View Single Post - 60s/70s Prog VS Psych Smackdown
View Single Post
Old 07-31-2017, 04:08 PM   #13 (permalink)
vambo
Account Disabled

Funny you mention L'Infonie.

My lp finds have been totally dismal the last 2 years or so, but a few months ago I found the last (of 4) lp. This is their best.

50 cents in a Christian charity shop and down to .25 cos everything was half price! And in perfeckt nick: This one is hard to find without ringwear due to the plain ,mainly monotone coverart.

I don't care all that much for this band: too experimental noise-minimalist for me. The double third lp is like a jazzier Terry Riley "In C". The second lp, Mantra" has a beautiful cove but the music is two sidelong tracks totally of same style - very much a difficult listen.
I had the first lp and got rid of it quickly even though its very rare - as they all are. That one had, I believe, pop moments to it and maybe even ballad!

Four releases and one a double set! Amazing that this was even released. They KNEW it would never sell.

Quebec prog 70s is a great thing to get into since unlike elsewhere ,these rare records can still be got for $20-30. The Infonie however is probs, $80 -100. (Sure, smartass, find me a cheap one on ebay - you can do that for anything.)
vambo is offline   Reply With Quote