Music Banter - View Single Post - What Game Are You Playing Right Now?
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2017, 11:46 AM   #9370 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoathsomePete View Post
I think the wonky facial animations came as a result of the brilliant idea to switch over from the Unreal engine to the Frostbyte engine halfway through production of the game. I know EA poured a lot of money into it, and it is quite an impressive and well optimized engine that works on a wide variety of machines with differing power, but I feel like that sudden change screwed the animators a little who took a lot more shit than I think they deserved.
Why do companies do these kinds of things? I honestly do not entirely get it. Do they not have a near infinite number of examples of company ****ery ruining countless games that might otherwise have been solid? I know the bean counters probably just can't grasp the idea that their business degree is not relevant to making a game, but you'd think they'd learn from the sheer abundance of catastrophes to leave well enough alone.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote