Music Banter - View Single Post - Political Discussions for "Adults"
View Single Post
Old 08-04-2017, 05:12 PM   #314 (permalink)
Frownland
SOPHIE FOREVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
The Senate vote on the Iraq war was 77 to 23.

Listen, this person is going to die in a short while. They've exhausted every possible option. There's no hope left. At that point do whatever you want to do. If it's an experimental drug, go for it. Don't restrict them from trying.
I'm not saying that we should restrict them from trying, I'm saying that there options that should not present themselves as medicine that can do just that because of this bill without repurcussion. The terminally ill can already exhaust their options by being a part of clinical trials for legitimate experimental medicine. There might be a few underfunded companies who can benefit from this and streamline their funding process with money from the terminally ill as opposed to paying the terminally ill to participate in their trials, but this is a window for creators of ineffective and potentially unsafe medicines to exploit the desparate.

And how often are people barred to begin with?

Quote:
If nothing else, it might speed up some FDA approvals.
What makes you say this? From where I'm sitting this is an attempt to move away from the FDA.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote