Music Banter - View Single Post - The Album Club: "Pungent Effulgent" by Ozric Tentacles
View Single Post
Old 08-05-2017, 05:36 AM   #12 (permalink)
Aloysius
Music Addict

Ozric Tentacles - Pungent Effulgent

Apparently the Ozrics were for a long time associated with their gigs at the Glastonbury Festival (and earlier the Stonehenge Free Festival). I could certainly imagine being there at the time, high on ’shrooms and syncing in with the energy of the crowd, it would have been amazing. However this kind of atmosphere can have the effect of setting the bar low, as what feels incredible in that sort of environment doesn’t necessarily translate to being a great composition when listening to a recording after the fact. There is definitely some cool stuff here however, and it may just be my own taste that I tend to prefer a concise distilled statement to a long jam. The opener works well and is a great example of trance techno melding with live playing. Other tracks like 'Ayurvedic' could be great at half the length. This is improving for me with more listens so I'll definitely keep it in the library for now.

6.5/10
Aloysius is offline   Reply With Quote