Music Banter - View Single Post - Review restaurants in your town
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2017, 08:40 PM   #24 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiomara View Post
Deep Sushi: The sashimi was just okay (I didn't have very high expectations) aside from the yellowtail which was really good. Didn't try anything else aside from the pear sake which was also very good. Expensive.

Revolver Taco Lounge
: I was tipsy at this point, so it's possible that the tacos weren't quite as amazing as I believed them to be but we got the polpo (octopus) tacos and al pastor. The octopus ones were my favorite. SO GOOD. I wanted to order 12 more (because tequila brain) for later but I valiantly resisted. The al pastor tacos weren't any better or worse than what you'd get at your typical taqueria. Good, strong margaritas. They came in jars because everything comes in jars these days. (Those darn folksy whippersnappers)

Cindi's: Diner/deli type place. Had scrambled eggs with smoked salmon and the turkey club sandwich; both were decent. The menu is enormous and I was trying to choose lighter options so I didn't get to try what I might have otherwise. (elphenor had a waffle and a chicken salad sandwich--er, not at the same time obviously-- but I forgot to ask if they were any good) I'm sure the rest of the food is better than what I chose. About 2 hours after eating here I had excruciating lower abdominal pain for about 30 minutes--no other symptoms, no nausea or anything like that-- but then it mysteriously vanished so I'm not sure if it was the food or what. (It was a more extreme version of similar pains I get periodically after eating certain things)

Pepe's Pizza: Tried the gyro and it was pretty good; I LOVE gyros and I usually get them at Tex's Star Grill near me but these were almost as good. I'm content as long as they use real pita bread and not those paper-thin pita pocket things which alllllll the gyro places in Baton Rouge used.

..Also had drinks (I figure we may as well review local bars in this thread too) at Twilite Lounge in deep ellum; I got some cocktail involving chartreuse, gin and lime juice and it was interesting I suppose. (Personally I would have gone with cucumber rather than lime) It was enough to make me slightly tipsy at least. I generally like that bar. Or, at least, I don't aggressively hate it. They have a jukebox with a decent oldies selection which helps quite a bit.
wait wut
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote