Music Banter - View Single Post - Why does there seem to be a stigma attached to advocate for Men's Rights?
View Single Post
Old 08-11-2017, 01:19 PM   #910 (permalink)
Chiomara
mayor of spookytown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
It amazes me how the same people who will talk sociocultural influence all day will look at male circumcision with an uncritical shrug and a "why not?" It's not the most pressing issue of our day but that doesn't mean it's entirely irrelevant.
It's extremely creepy. I can't imagine pushing a live human out of me, watching it scream and cry as it adjusts to this new and horrible place with all of its bright lights and noises and think "yeah, let's cut up this infant's penis because reasons"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofle View Post
Kinda like people who think spanking your child is totally fine.
Oftentimes, the kind of people who think it's fine ("I was spanked, and I turned out great!") are living proof of why it's not. It's unnerving to me how young children are often treated like animals or robots rather than the complex human beings they are-- but, people are often too lazy to learn and practice better methods for dealing with tantrums and the like.

Risks of Harm from Spanking Confirmed by Analysis of Five Decades of Research

Quote:
Originally Posted by djchameleon View Post
This! I really don't get why people feel the need to go out of their way to disrespect how someone wants to be identified.

Why is it so hard to just identify the person they wish to be identified as even if you don't see it? You don't have to live in their skin and experience their day to day life. If you can't simply respect how they choose to identify then why are you even associating with them. Just walk away then you don't have to worry about ******* thoughts like feeding into their delusions.
Yeah, exactly. People seem to have no problem correcting themselves if they misgender someone's dog, but if it's a person, it's suddenly so incredibly difficult and inconvenient. And they'll (you know, your garden-variety edgelords) bend over backward and do all sorts of mental gymnastics to try and justify being a stubborn, childish ******* about it.