Music Banter - View Single Post - The Christianity Thread
View Single Post
Old 08-11-2017, 01:51 PM   #1205 (permalink)
DwnWthVwls
Fck Ths Thngs

Please explain to me how humans writing something down is evidence of divine law existing in reality. Sin is breaking the law of the divine, show me something divine mandated the laws that religion is pushing, and I'll acknowledge their existence even if I don't accept their authority.

You can't just WRITE something into existence and then claim it's evidence of the existence.. That's circular bullshit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
The church that establishes that law also writes it down. Evidence.

I agree with your point that it is without authority. I just think that determining what is and isn't a sinner does not rest on that concept because when it comes to descriptors like that, the definition of the word is not irrelevant upon disagreement with the validity of the concept.
I disagree, and I don't see a way to settle that difference. If the concept does not hold up in reality, I don't understand how you can justify to yourself that any claim surrounding it is valid or worth recognizing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xurtio View Post
Goung to have to go with Frowny here, human laws, religious laws, etc. Do exist as social structures. You can fully recognize the existence of that social structure, study it, and comment on it, without accepting its authority.
The difference between sin and every other social construct like race, isms, etc.. is that there is actually evidence for their existence. Even if they are manmade they point to something that we experience in reality, similar to us giving gravity a name. There is nothing to actually support the claim of what sin is. We have no evidence or way of experiencing divine justice or the consequences of being a sinner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor View Post
I'd vote for Trump

Last edited by DwnWthVwls; 08-11-2017 at 02:25 PM.
DwnWthVwls is offline   Reply With Quote