Music Banter - View Single Post - The Christianity Thread
View Single Post
Old 08-11-2017, 03:29 PM   #1208 (permalink)
Xurtio
Brain Licker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwnWthVwls View Post
Please explain to me how humans writing something down is evidence of divine law existing in reality. Sin is breaking the law of the divine, show me something divine mandated the laws that religion is pushing, and I'll acknowledge their existence even if I don't accept their authority.

You can't just WRITE something into existence and then claim it's evidence of the existence.. That's circular bullshit.

I disagree, and I don't see a way to settle that difference. If the concept does not hold up in reality, I don't understand how you can justify to yourself that any claim surrounding it is valid or worth recognizing.

The difference between sin and every other social construct like race, isms, etc.. is that there is actually evidence for their existence. Even if they are manmade they point to something that we experience in reality, similar to us giving gravity a name. There is nothing to actually support the claim of what sin is. We have no evidence or way of experiencing divine justice or the consequences of being a sinner.
You're being impossible.