Music Banter - View Single Post - Why does there seem to be a stigma attached to advocate for Men's Rights?
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2017, 02:57 PM   #952 (permalink)
Chula Vista
Toasted Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
I'm in the bathroom at a party rn. I'll hook Chula up with some meta analysis and an explanation of why meta analysis is good later unless ped does it first.
I'll let the American College of Pediatricians reply:

https://www.acpeds.org/the-college-s...-is-misleading

Quote:
Conclusion
In summary, Gershoff and Grogan-Kaylor’s most recent meta-analysis relies on correlational evidence that would be considered woefully inadequate in any other scientific field. Further, their research ignores the beneficial findings of studies that have investigated appropriate ways of spanking in disciplinary situations traditionally considered appropriate. Consequently, Gershoff and Grogan-Kaylor’s conclusions are not valid. Better constructed research has found appropriately administered disciplinary spanking to be effective in correcting defiant behavior that fails to respond to milder disciplinary measures without causing long term harm.

“The fact that we live at the bottom of a deep gravity well,
on the surface of a gas covered planet going around a nuclear fireball 90 million miles away
and think this to be normal is obviously some indication of how skewed our perspective tends to be.”
Chula Vista is offline   Reply With Quote