Music Banter - View Single Post - Why does there seem to be a stigma attached to advocate for Men's Rights?
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2017, 05:08 PM   #966 (permalink)
Paedantic Basterd
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
Well, first of all, I never claimed that spanking turns kids into psychopaths. I know the research isn't conclusive regarding whether spanking ruins kids. My point has only ever been that (A) spanking has proven to be less effective than other behavioural training methods and (B) if you don't have to hit someone, you shouldn't.

Regarding meta-analysis, the complaints cited are only partially valid and do not detract from the value of meta-analysis as an analytic tool. Complaining about correlational research? In that case you are going to have a problem with literally all of science, because guess what? It's all correlational. It's not possible to isolate a variable in such a way as to definitively prove causation. We can get very close, and the closer the better, but ultimately, it's all correlation.

I only skimmed the rest because this document appears to be about whether meta-analysis has shown that spanking ****s kids up, which is irrelevant to me because that was never my claim.
Paedantic Basterd is offline   Reply With Quote