Music Banter - View Single Post - Why does there seem to be a stigma attached to advocate for Men's Rights?
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2017, 06:11 PM   #974 (permalink)
Paedantic Basterd
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by djchameleon View Post
Okay, well even without reading the article in full, the section you quoted stated that striking a child works as well as alternative methods. Not better than.

So see point (B) I have been making: If you don't have to hit someone, why the **** are you hitting them?

EDIT: Furthermore, "The researchers concluded that spanking disobedient 2- to 6-year-olds worked just as well at reforming their behavior as 13 alternative disciplinary approaches (such as giving a time-out, reasoning with a child, and taking away privileges) as long as the parent lovingly and rationally explained the reasons for the action."

So even in the material you quoted, the study suggests that it's the explanation that makes the difference in behaviour, not the hitting itself, so again, why the **** are you hitting someone??

EDIT 2: The article you cited literally says there are 13 OTHER ways to effectively train your child apart from hitting them. This is exactly what my point is. Your research backs me up entirely.

Last edited by Paedantic Basterd; 08-12-2017 at 06:16 PM.
Paedantic Basterd is offline   Reply With Quote