Music Banter - View Single Post - Why does there seem to be a stigma attached to advocate for Men's Rights?
View Single Post
Old 08-13-2017, 03:01 PM   #1035 (permalink)
Lucem Ferre
Cuter Than Post Malone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiomara View Post
I haven't noticed anyone "attacking" you, Lucem. You also keep using the word "gender" instead of sex when talking about one's biological sex/reproductive organs. One's biological sex is comprised of multiple things (beyond one's external genitalia), things which you can't necessarily know by glancing at a person. And regarding your question.. That has already been answered multiple times. It is right there in the dictionary. Gender = the behavioral, cultural, or psychological traits and characteristics commonly associated with one's sex.

And yes, like you said, there are people who consider themselves non-binary and don't particularly identify with one gender or the other. I'm biologically female, and I more or less identify with the female gender, but I know that a great deal of those traditionally-feminine/traditionally female traits (which vary depending on the culture you grow up in) I identify with are ingrained in me due to constant social conditioning that began in childhood.
I'm being attacked by Elph, you know the guy who pretends he knows what he's talking about while you and Paedantic do all the leg work. Or Frownland says that people that don't follow this gender identity rule are harry ****s. But I guess they are going to talk **** regardless.

When did gender become defined by social behavior rather than your sex? Not denying it is, looked it up, but still. Because they are both synonyms. And isn't that just reinforcing stereotypes? That's what I don't get most. Like, we're conditioned to believe that a gender/sex is supposed to act a certain way, some people that feel as though they don't fit into that gender box but feel as though they fit into a different gender box start identifying as a different gender and even go as far as to mutilate their genitals just to fit a social construct that is forced on us. Of course that CAN'T be the only reason for people to transition, but they it constantly gets put on me seems that way. Shouldn't it be pushed that your sex shouldn't define your behavior rather than having people transition to fit our boxes?
Lucem, you're right, it's silly to talk about what I would or wouldn't do IRL. Glad you brought it up. Maybe you should write an instrumental about it. I recommend a piano paired with a clarinet. With ambient sounds of you hanging from your shower curtain you ****ing failure.

Art Is Dead. Buy My ****.
Lucem Ferre is offline   Reply With Quote