Music Banter - View Single Post - Why does there seem to be a stigma attached to advocate for Men's Rights?
View Single Post
Old 08-13-2017, 03:19 PM   #1040 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paedantic Basterd View Post
If I'm being honest, I don't think that description represents a vast majority of the already-tiny number of people who experience this phenomenon. If they're in your life long enough for it to impact you, you will probably find it is more complex than it first seems for them, and if you keep them in your life, you'll probably find a way to come to terms with it. I think that the issue you describe is probably not big enough to negate all the valid examples we've both discussed so far.
I think a lot of the "negative" discussion about transgenderism is probably down to not knowing anybody you know is transgender. I've never known any out trans people, which is why I really don't have any opinion other than it's probably some kind of thing but I don't know what that thing is. If I knew any out trans people then it would probably be a more important issue to me, but they're kind of rare, at least in southeastern Virginia, so it's a pretty abstract issue to me.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote