Music Banter - View Single Post - Why does there seem to be a stigma attached to advocate for Men's Rights?
View Single Post
Old 08-13-2017, 03:39 PM   #1046 (permalink)
Lucem Ferre
Cuter Than Post Malone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
Then ask questions. Don't put forth an opinion in a way that seems to demand a defensive answer. Just ask questions.

This is one of the things that bothers me as a straight guy. I'm not particularly attached to my sexuality or gender, but I feel like I can claim them comfortably, even if my non-standard answers to questions of my sexuality and gender evoke side-eyed glances, at least I'm answering more or less "correctly" (i.e. I'm not gay or trans so I'm not actively rejected). It almost makes me feel like a sellout when I say, no, I'm not gay. It just feels like garbage to me that I should feel better about not answering "wrongly" just because I'd rather not be marginalized by my fellow man.
You want me to NOT sound defensive? That's asking too much of me.
Lucem, you're right, it's silly to talk about what I would or wouldn't do IRL. Glad you brought it up. Maybe you should write an instrumental about it. I recommend a piano paired with a clarinet. With ambient sounds of you hanging from your shower curtain you ****ing failure.

Art Is Dead. Buy My ****.
Lucem Ferre is offline   Reply With Quote