Music Banter - View Single Post - Top 10 Underrated Thrash Metal Albums
View Single Post
Old 08-13-2017, 03:51 PM   #7 (permalink)
MicShazam
Account Disabled

I haven't actually heard any other Xentrix albums, but I love that one. I could see how one could find their songwriting a bit bloated, but I think it works out wel for them. Like And Justice For All. That album is also kind of meandering, but I just get into the grooves and somehow don't mind it.

Holy Moses have both good and bad albums, but that newest one was a very nice surprise. I also have a lot of love for some of their oldest material. This song is amazing:

The System Has Failed was kind of interesting to me. It's very thrash, but with a different feel from what Megadeth had done so far, plus the band members were unknown session musicians aside from a briefly returning Chris Poland. There's just something about how the album sounds that I really like. It's hard to put my finger on but it has a certain feel to it.
'Of Mice and Men', 'Scorpion' and 'Tears in a Vial' are some of my favorite Megadeth tracks across their entire discography. I've got some nostalgic feelings for the album too, so that might cloud my judgment a bit. And yeah, 'Die Dead Enough' is pretty damn catchy. Possibly the shortest verse ever too.

Last edited by MicShazam; 08-13-2017 at 03:57 PM.
MicShazam is offline   Reply With Quote