Music Banter - View Single Post - Top 10 Underrated Thrash Metal Albums
View Single Post
Old 08-13-2017, 04:57 PM   #11 (permalink)
Frownland
SOPHIE FOREVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by MicShazam View Post

The System Has Failed was kind of interesting to me. It's very thrash, but with a different feel from what Megadeth had done so far, plus the band members were unknown session musicians aside from a briefly returning Chris Poland. There's just something about how the album sounds that I really like. It's hard to put my finger on but it has a certain feel to it.
'Of Mice and Men', 'Scorpion' and 'Tears in a Vial' are some of my favorite Megadeth tracks across their entire discography. I've got some nostalgic feelings for the album too, so that might cloud my judgment a bit. And yeah, 'Die Dead Enough' is pretty damn catchy. Possibly the shortest verse ever too.
I mean, no, but I will say that Scorpion is a great song.

And Batlord is stupid don't bother with Risk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aloysius View Post
There's nothing quite like the nostalgia you get from going back to Megadeth albums you listened to growing up. Dave's cheesiness somehow never gets old. I definitely think SFSGSW is underrated.
I feel like it gets its dues more or less. I guess it's not very common to hear it put alongside Rust in Peace or Peace Sells though.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote