Music Banter - View Single Post - Islam in Europe
Thread: Islam in Europe
View Single Post
Old 08-15-2017, 11:35 PM   #1071 (permalink)
Lilja
Music Addict

I think that much of the hatred in Europe towards refugees are nowadays pointed straight at those that come seeking economic freedom. Here in Sweden, refugees are given money, a place to live, and encouraged to take Swedish lessons (which are also free) and is tied to their welfare. Many of them end up in unpaid training jobs ("praktik) which rarely ever result in a real job... But they have to attend the classes and go to these jobs in order to get the money. So where are the loopholes? Well, there is nothing saying that you have to pass the Swedish classes so many end up taking the same class over and over in order to get the money. You can always get declared to be too emotionally scared to work and get out of the practical work...etc. But in the end, the last statistic I read from 2016 said out of 162,000 refugees that came in 2015, only 494 got a job ( https://www.svt.se/nyheter/inrikes/1...-500-fick-jobb ). And, so far, out of all these "youths" coming to Sweden, most that were tested (and they have to agree to be tested) were found to be above 18.

So, essentially you have a lot of people living off of social welfare at the moment in Sweden and it is really starting to piss people off.

In January, they are going to change the rules so that refugees will be required to have schooling (in other words basic elementary schooling) so that they will be employable. But where will the teachers come from who are supposed to train these people? Probably from the same place all the thousands of elementary and preschool teachers will be coming from that will be taking the burden of our overfilled schools.

And more low-paying jobs will be available...but they amount to around 15,000 before tax (about 10,000 SEK after tax which is about 1,200 USD a month). You can make more off of welfare in the end, if you are a family.

I just wish that they would government would stop doling out the money to the refugees or if it is doled out, tie it to the Swedish classes/education in a way that they have to pass the class at a certain level in order to get the money. And if they don't find a job in a certain period of time or show any interest in finding one, cut it off, send them home. Cut off all retroactive benifits, etc.

I realize this is a rant, but it is tiring. I realize that there are many refugees who come here who need to come here. But when you work 40-60 hours a week and realize that the people living next door to you have their lifestyle completly financed by your taxes while you have to pay for it..well you get a bit annoyed. The fact that the vast majority follow Islam is just fuel for the fire. And if you point that out, suddenly you are a racist.

Last edited by Lilja; 08-16-2017 at 09:38 AM.
Lilja is offline   Reply With Quote