Music Banter - View Single Post - Why does there seem to be a stigma attached to advocate for Men's Rights?
View Single Post
Old 08-16-2017, 06:41 AM   #1168 (permalink)
Ol’ Qwerty Bastard
OQB

Quote:
Originally Posted by djchameleon View Post
It actually is though, it's more than just income that makes people of a different skin color have a different experience in life.

Good luck picking being a suburban middle class black kid, you will constantly have to experience being prejudiced against on many levels. You get into a good school and people will only assume that you were there because of your skin color and not your own merit. You will get pulled up significantly more because of your skin color. Assumptions will be made about you and people will view you as a threat just because of your skin color.

The phrase "boiling everything down to race" is similar to those that always complain about "why others are race baiting" or feel like we live in a post racial world just because Obama was president. It doesn't work that way. Prejudice in the general population seeps into every aspect of life from education, to the prison system, to the work force etc.

I would take the poor white trailer park kid and not have to worry about simple **** like playing Pokemon Go in certain areas and having people be suspicious of you for it. Getting the benefit of the doubt of being non threatening is a great thing and I have no idea why you would want to give that up.
you're right DJ. there are no assumptions made about poor white people. they aren't just "cracked up rednecks." they still recieve a great education regardless of their financial situation. they dont get questioned and they aren't looked down upon when they go anywhere. they aren't viewed as a potential threat any time they're trying to shop or go about their life. and lets not forget just how easy it is for a poor white person to get a job. that suburban black kid would be lucky to be given a chance at wal-mart, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
I'm not even mad. Seriously I'm not. You're a good dude, and I think and hope you'll become something good
Ol’ Qwerty Bastard is offline   Reply With Quote