Music Banter - View Single Post - Why does there seem to be a stigma attached to advocate for Men's Rights?
View Single Post
Old 08-16-2017, 12:45 PM   #1192 (permalink)
Lucem Ferre
Cuter Than Post Malone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
This is true, but white privilege in America (that's what we're talking about, right?) means that your parents are more likely to be well off if you're white because white people have not had centuries of racism keeping their parents and their parents before them from getting to a good financial place that their children could expound on.
OH MY GOD FINALLY SOMEBODY WHO UNDERSTANDS WHAT WHITE PRIVILEGED IS.

I've tried to have this discussion with my friend allll the time because white people never want to accept that white privilege exists because they think it means they automatically will have a better life when in reality it means that statistically they are more likely to have a better life because of their skin. I never saw it as a way to make excuses or guilt trip white people (though it is used that way) but just as a reality that needs to be addressed and acknowledged so it can change.
Lucem, you're right, it's silly to talk about what I would or wouldn't do IRL. Glad you brought it up. Maybe you should write an instrumental about it. I recommend a piano paired with a clarinet. With ambient sounds of you hanging from your shower curtain you ****ing failure.

Art Is Dead. Buy My ****.

Last edited by Lucem Ferre; 08-16-2017 at 12:54 PM.
Lucem Ferre is offline   Reply With Quote