Music Banter - View Single Post - Why does there seem to be a stigma attached to advocate for Men's Rights?
View Single Post
Old 08-18-2017, 10:43 AM   #1195 (permalink)
DwnWthVwls
Fck Ths Thngs

Quote:
Originally Posted by djchameleon View Post
It actually is though, it's more than just income that makes people of a different skin color have a different experience in life.

Good luck picking being a suburban middle class black kid, you will constantly have to experience being prejudiced against on many levels. You get into a good school and people will only assume that you were there because of your skin color and not your own merit. You will get pulled up significantly more because of your skin color. Assumptions will be made about you and people will view you as a threat just because of your skin color.

The phrase "boiling everything down to race" is similar to those that always complain about "why others are race baiting" or feel like we live in a post racial world just because Obama was president. It doesn't work that way. Prejudice in the general population seeps into every aspect of life from education, to the prison system, to the work force etc.

I would take the poor white trailer park kid and not have to worry about simple **** like playing Pokemon Go in certain areas and having people be suspicious of you for it. Getting the benefit of the doubt of being non threatening is a great thing and I have no idea why you would want to give that up.
None of this post supports your claim about inherent differences. Having a different experience in life has absolutely nothing to do with the inherent characteristics of race and everything to do with social structure. There are no inherent differences between races that set them up for harder lives, their hardships arise from systematic oppression and culture. I'm pretty sure you'd agree with this, but your argument is more representative of being an oppressed minority in X society and not so appropriate for arguing inherent racial differences.

Inherent differences could be shown if, given an unbiased equal society, black people somehow still had more difficult lives than other races.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor View Post
I'd vote for Trump

Last edited by DwnWthVwls; 08-18-2017 at 11:03 AM.
DwnWthVwls is offline   Reply With Quote