Music Banter - View Single Post - Six or Seven Different Things
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2006, 05:42 PM   #1 (permalink)
TheBig3
killedmyraindog

Default Six or Seven Different Things

I've got a few issues Im hoping to address with this thread, making it harder to go off topic (but I have faith in you Music Banter). Here goes:

So I was looking up the song "violet" by Hole back when I didn't know the name of it (30 seconds ago).

Now I thought I had heard some DJ tell me once that it was a song by the Young Marble Titans, but thus far that elitist punk known as iTunes shows nothing for them. Im going to google it in a minute but is this in fact by them.

Second question; I'd like to know the reasons people assumed Kurt wrote that songs on that CD. Is that fact? Im not really sure, unless Hole is on the radio, I don't make a point to go listen to their stuff.

Also I was looking up the song "Violet" to see if that would bring up the YMT's (sometimes it helps Apple find thigns better) and I found a Frank Black version, which I assumed would be the same song, but it wasn't anything like it. It was...folkie. I don't know too much about Frank Black other than he fronted the Pixies and he's from Boston (and what else is there to know really) but this was actually good.

My question is, is Honeycomb (the disc its off of) all like this? is it worth the purchase? If so, could we argue that frank black deserves to be amoungst the singer/songwriters in the Folk forum? Never would I have thought...

Anyway, anything you want to get back to me on, go right ahead.