Music Banter - View Single Post - Dreams
Thread: Dreams
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2017, 06:49 AM   #1054 (permalink)
Chiomara
mayor of spookytown

I'm telling y'all, the dreams I have nowadays are nothing compared to the ones I used to have. (I really only have a few truly spectacular dreams per year these days.) They're very unexciting in comparison. I miss regularly dreaming about flying around with storm deities and water buffalos and whatnot.
Having vivid dreams is not necessarily a good thing; it just makes waking up and having to trudge along in this horribly grey and dull world all the more unpleasant. It's a bit depressing when you have a long, incredibly realistic dream that lasted months in dream-time (with dream people who you became extremely close with) only to wake up to a room full of nothing. Ugh.

Does anyone else occasionally revisit places in your dreams? Every 3-5 years or so I'll dream of some place that I dreamed of many years prior. There are so many of them; they all feel quite real. (Most of them are small cities/buildings within small cities. The spookiest one looks like a cross between Edinburgh and Venice, but stripped down a bit-- more desolate, and strangely quiet and grey-- with these monstrous mermen who pull small boats through the narrow canals.)