Music Banter - View Single Post - My Health - Started 8/17/2017
View Single Post
Old 08-23-2017, 12:54 PM   #10 (permalink)
Chula Vista
Toasted Poster

8/23/2017

Had the full body CT (cat) Scan this morning. For those who have never had one, here's the drill.

First thing they do is hand you a pair of paper shorts. You go in a dressing room and take off your pants - because of the metal zipper - and put the shorts on. Then they seat you in the prep room where a nurse took my blood pressure (it was high but she said its' common because people are anxious about the test). She then inserts an IV needle and tapes it in place.

Next you go into the testing room and lie down on one of these.

The technician starts a saline drip into the IV needle and then has you raise both arms up over your head. Then the machine tells you to take a deep breath and hold it. Then the tube scans from just below the crotch to your chest. This step is repeated.

Then the tech tells you he's starting the agent (adding iodine into the IV). Within seconds you start to feel very warm inside. Started with my jaw, then my crotch, and within seconds, my entire body. Then they repeat the scan process 2 more times.

That's it. The lab will "read" the results and have a report over to my PCP before the end of the day. Now the waiting......

“The fact that we live at the bottom of a deep gravity well,
on the surface of a gas covered planet going around a nuclear fireball 90 million miles away
and think this to be normal is obviously some indication of how skewed our perspective tends to be.”

Last edited by Chula Vista; 08-23-2017 at 01:21 PM.
Chula Vista is offline   Reply With Quote