Music Banter - View Single Post - The Wow I Can't Believe That News Story Thread
View Single Post
Old 08-25-2017, 06:03 PM   #6438 (permalink)
Chula Vista
Toasted Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You're basically strawmanning the entire forum cause nobody here spouts talk radio jargon.
BS. There was a lot of it here during the run up to election night.

No here spouts talking points and I'm sucking on HC's clit. OK BAT, if you say so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor View Post
You're such a dinosaur Democrat and the reason the party is getting its ass handed to it.
In 2016 the Dems gained two senate seats And Clinton got 3 million more votes than Trump. If things keep going the way they are right now the Dems will gain control of the senate in 2018. If Trump's numbers stay where they are right now there's not a GOP congressman up for re-election who will want to be associated with him in any way next year.

Not exactly getting its ass handed to them. The Dems just need to identify a solid candidate to start hitting the road in advance of 2020.

The GOP is the party that's self destructing right now. You have a president and House Majority Leader who haven't spoken to each since having a profanity laced shouting match on the phone over 2 weeks ago. Trump has taken to referring to his own part as "they" instead of "we". And every day another GOP congress member comes and disses him by name.

The guy simply has no clue about the decorum and dignity required of the office - he has a rally in Arizona and goes off-script to bash, in a thinnly veiled way, their senator of 30 years who's at home battling brain cancer.

And we still have the Mueller investigation results to look forward to.

Don't see Trump changing stripes anytime soon so I doubt he gets up over 35% approval ratings.

Like I said, the Dems have some time to identify their next candidate and refine their message. They'll be just fine.

“The fact that we live at the bottom of a deep gravity well,
on the surface of a gas covered planet going around a nuclear fireball 90 million miles away
and think this to be normal is obviously some indication of how skewed our perspective tends to be.”
Chula Vista is offline   Reply With Quote