Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official "Music Was So Much Better in the Glorious Days of Yore" Thread
View Single Post
Old 08-26-2017, 08:27 AM   #719 (permalink)
Neapolitan
carpe musicam

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlamrockSam View Post
I think, if we are bored of music, we should go to the nearest HMV or music store,, have a look at range of music out on shelves, have a look at takes your fancy, then go home and stream it and see what you think

If you like it, you love, if not, keep searching!

Btw, current favorites are Leprous, a prog band that literally defies any musical convention you've heard, and Little Mix, a UK girl group with music so infectious and well produced that you just can't help but dance.

That's what's working for me anyway Shame I can't post the links to youtube yet, but try Stuck by Leprous and Touch by Little Mix.
Where I live HMV packed it in a long time ago then one by one other store followed, even used records and CDs stores. So I am force to find music online. I am so use to finding music on my own I don't bother with recommendations from anyone anymore. Even if I am sorta interested in a rec from someone it goes to the back of the queue and I will eventually never get around to it.

I dont care what people think. Old music was best. And new bands that play in the style of old music is better than newer stuff. Even the music that I recently discovered that as made in the 00s is better what I've heard out today.

Your username reminds me I have a friend who has a Glam Rock band and his band is better than any band I know and the biggest contributing factor is that he is playing Glam which is music from the glorious days of yore. So yes music was better in the glorious days of yore.

"it counts in our hearts" ?ºº?
“I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion.” Jack Kerouac.
“If one listens to the wrong kind of music, he will become the wrong kind of person.” Aristotle.
"If you tried to give Rock and Roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'." John Lennon
"I look for ambiguity when I'm writing because life is ambiguous." Keith Richards
Neapolitan is offline   Reply With Quote