Music Banter - View Single Post - Any Song
Thread: Any Song
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2006, 02:33 AM   #17 (permalink)
PerFeCTioNThrUSileNCe
Bright F*cking Red

Authority Zero - Revolution, Madman, Find Your Way, Over Seasons
Punk incorporating elements from hardcore punk and ska. Fast paced, fun listening. Gooc vocals as well.

Blues Traveler - Run Around, Fallible, Hook, (pretty much anything off the album "Four"
Easy listening bluesy, funky jam band. Good singing, and INSANELY good harmonica playing. (John Popper is probably the best in the world at harmonica)

Folly - I've Been Running for Miles (Davis), Repeat (I Repeat) Repeat, Pterodactyls in America, The Weak and the Wounded, Sweet Water Death
Theres really no other way to describe them than "skacore". They kinda melt ska and hardcore together and it turns out pretty well.

Reel Big Fish - Sell Out, Beer, Everything Sucks
Ska....theres really no other way to say it. Just fun, makes-you-want-to-be-at-a-show kinda music.

Thrice - Silhouette, Deadbolt, To Awake and Avenge The Dead, Kill Me Quickly, Cold Cash and Colder Hearts, Ultra Blue
Kinda pop-punk, somewhat emo-inspired, hard rock.

Thursday - Concealer, Autobiography of a Nation, Paris In Flames, I am The Killer, Tomorrow I'll be You
Somewhat post hardcore I guess you could say. Not your everyday "scene" band.

Trivium - A View of Burning Empires, Ember To Inferno, Pull Harder on the Strings of Your Martyr, Suffocating Sight
I dont know exactly what genre these guys fit under except for metal. Inspired by bands like Metallica, Pantera, etc. Good screaming, good vocals, mixed with some great guitar playing.

Underminded - It's kinda like a Bodybag, Hail Unamerican, Burn the Metropolis, The Hear of a Traitor
The only way I can describe these guys would be really heavy screamy hardcore punk. I dont know what else to classify them as.

Unearth - Endless, Black Hearts Now Reign, Zombie Autopilot, False Idols
Heavy, fast melodic hardcore metal.

Unwritten Law - Cailin, Lonesome, California Sky, Holiday, Underground, Coffin Text
Fun, clean pop punk. Fun to listen to when youre just relaxing.
My ego's like my stomach- it keeps shitting what I feed it.
But maybe I don't want to finish anything anymore..
maybe I can wait in bed 'til she comes home. and whispers....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooting Star
Remember kids: It's only real metal if the vocalist sounds like he's vomiting up a fetus. \m/
PerFeCTioNThrUSileNCe is offline   Reply With Quote