Music Banter - View Single Post - Is Devin Townsend a Knob?
View Single Post
Old 08-28-2017, 09:57 AM   #13 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post

I have Ocean Machine and dig it.
Second time I listened to that (recently) I was not quite as impressed as I was the first time.
Quote:
Can't hate on someone just because they are prolific. He reminds me of Stephen King. Dude wakes up everyday with the need to write something. Does he put out some stuff that's crap? Sure. But plenty of diamonds in the rough.
Yeah but does King release his scribbled notes, character sketches, plot ideas every time he has them?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
It's not how prolific he is, it's how dull and absolutely unengaging his music is. I suppose having more of it to dislike is not a good thing, but I'd still dislike him if he only released two albums.
This I'd probably agree with. If all of his music was of the quality of Epicloud (yeah yeah I know: didn't I ask you to go play on the runway? Why are you still here?) I wouldn't mind. It's just that the stuff I've heard (literally called Stuff) has been pretty low quality and a lot of it sounds like rough demo, which is probably is. I really don't want to be listening to that. I sure wouldn't pay for it. I don't know anyone else who does this?