Music Banter - View Single Post - Islam in Europe
Thread: Islam in Europe
View Single Post
Old 08-29-2017, 06:32 AM   #1180 (permalink)
riseagainstrocks
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
Y'all are being so soundly destroyed by MlM it's hilarious.

It's the truth vs what you wish was the truth.
So let me get this straight, it's only actually evil if people are killed?

On the list of bad guys, yes, ISIS is empirically worse than WBC. Why? Because they murder people for religious and political reasons. Why doesn't WBC murder people? Lack of public support; a vanishingly small percentage of people agree with their rhetoric; strong federal, state, and local law enforcement; and, and I'm not discounting its importance, a fundamentalist reading of the Bible is less intrinsically violent.

It's not "the truth vs what you wish was the truth". It's 'why is it true and are those conditions the same across countries'. Actions don't happen in a vacuum. Rhetoric is a reflection of the society in which it's developed. How is it different to suppose that if the WBC was based in Syria that they would not behave the same as ISIS? Hasn't stopped any of you from ascribing the dark motives of fringe groups in those countries to all Muslims in the West.

None of you have answered the question on "what to do" regarding Islam in the West. But please, continue to think 1.5 billion people are bloodthirsty monsters. You're totally not contributing the the climate of fear and mistrust that breeds even more violence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
Like today I probably heard "pray for Houston" like 20 times at work.
How do you survive the holidays? I imagine "Merry Christmas" triggers PTSD or something in you.