Music Banter - View Single Post - The Ironic Metal Thread
View Single Post
Old 08-31-2017, 02:29 PM   #41 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
Honestly I didn't even get to the truly good stuff. There's a part where a bunch of "criminals" who could escape future, corporatist judgement but not the Punisher's mother****ing basement prison that is literally in the basement of his house and was built to keep criminals for decades-long sentences stage an escape and are stared down and terrified by the Punisher while he has like twenty laser guns pointed at him. The Punisher 2099 is a psychopathic madman who only gets better and more crazy with each subsequent issue, and the actual writing follows suit. It's always goofy, but after the first issue its true quality begins to shine through and it's legitimately good. Like, not so bad it's good, or good enough that it overcomes the goofiness, it's actually kind of brilliant, one of the best series I've read in a while. I went from taking the piss to gushing over it like a total non-ironic fanboy and if I ever finish the second journal entry you'll see my tone shift. ****ing read it. Read it, read it, read it. If you're disappointed then we're not friends.

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/pfs.../Punisher_2099

Also, if you're not a Punisher fan then you should still read Punisher MAX, as it's an R-rated series that is the most mature and nihilistic version of the Punisher that could ever exist. It single-handedly justifies the Punisher's existence.

Punisher MAX Vol. 1 #1 - 60 + Extras – GetComics
We're friends?