Music Banter - View Single Post - 10 greatest rappers
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2006, 02:54 PM   #98 (permalink)
bungalow
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by $treetwise
The fact is that Ice Cube was and is an innovator of rap. Without Dre, Eminem would be nothing, which he already is. I'm not saying that Nas is bad, I am simply saying that Ice Cube and MC Ren are better. You are the one that is emphasizing how long Ice and Nas have been rapping, and yet you say that it dont matter how long they been rapping? Whatever, I really couldn't care less. You wouldn't wipe your ass with my opinions? Thats fine, but it astounds me that you think you know who are the greatest rappers of all time, yet you give me no reasons except that you say they are. Plus, you claim that Kanye West is one of the greatest rappers of all time, when he has put out 2 albums, thats like saying that Vanilla Ice is the best white rapper of all time because he put out a couple of hits.

A truely great rapper is respected and acknowledged by his piers, past and present, not 16 year old bobbleheads on a internet forum.

Like I said before, I dont want to drag this out.
I'm the one who emphasized their time in the game?
I think that that was you. I simply told you why you were wrong, and you backed down form the argument. There is a 5 year difference between their debuts. That is quite different from 10.

And I said that Kanye deserves a mention. He isn't better than anyone in NWA, or Biggie. But he has done a lot for hip hop, and he has done a lot to bring it back from the pitiful state that mainstream hip hop is in right now. Which is why he deserves a mention.

Also, if innovation was the topic, then sure. NWA are the pioneers of Gangsta Rap. They were also very influential, and all of them were great rappers. I love NWA, you can ask anyone who knows me. I would never discredit their contributions to hip hop
bungalow is offline   Reply With Quote